Monday, June 7, 2010

Incubus, almost there.

By Kate

We finally have a low resolution release-candidate of Incubus. This, six months after the beginning of the project.

A release often is a bittersweet experience for me. It's letting go. It's saying good-byes. I had a tough spring, and for full six months, this project has been an engaging companion and comforting bosom. I fell in love over and over again with the characters that our wonderful VO actors incarnated. Many times, I got lost in the complexity of the tasks. Each time I stumbled upon an unexpected new place that stimulated me. We had mutually enriching relationship, Incubus and I, and S and I are proud parents of this new creation.

The mythical creature, Incubus, is a demonic being that visits sleeping women to have intercourse with them. It looks like the beast succeeded in planting a conception in Isabel, our (anti)heroine. A conception in the form of a nightmare, that obsesses her and compels her to search for its meanings. Alas, interpretation of dreams is a treacherous enterprise. Try it at your own peril.


3 comments:

Richard Grove said...

Wonderful news. So glad the project has engaged you both. Looking forward to enjoying your creation. Good luck!

Old Folkie said...

Great poster concept,
*whispers* but I hope this is not the final word on the tagline. ;)

Cathy said...

Exciting news! Can't wait to see your creation. And how wonderful to find deep joy and engagement in your craft.